Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gluten-free week - day 5

Thursday for me is the godforsaken day of the week when I realize the week is almost over and I'm nowhere near reaching my goals. So I invariably panic, which translates into less time to write and less time to, well, cook. I usually get my wits together by Friday, so I am planning great feasts for tomorrow, and maybe even cookies for Saturday. For now, we still have oodles of soup and no one has so far honored the dinner invitation, so we are stoically doing most of the work...

The morning started well with a smoothie made of 1 banana, half a mango, 1/4 cup of blueberries, 1/4 cup of walnuts and 1/2 cup of rice milk. Especially when I'm rushed, I much prefer to drink my meal rather than chew it - right?

Come on, one more for the soup! This one's a classic already.

Lasagna with brown rice pasta and accompanied by a nice red Malbec. To be perfectly honest, by the time the lasagna was ready I was famished and even as I struggled to click the shutter for this photo I was positively drooling. So this isn't exactly an accurate rendition of an otherwise excellent dish. I'll try to do a better job next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment