Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gluten-free week - day 3

Okay, some days are hurrying days. On hurrying days, I usually pull out things from the fridge, tear pieces out of them and eat standing up in the kitchen. A 3-minute caveman meal. And to be perfectly honest, on days like these I even skip breakfast (gasp). I don't recommend that anyone either eat standing up in the kitchen or skip the most important meal of the day. But sometimes, well, we must.

Luckily, nature's been thoughtful about us hurried ones and designed a fruit that's perfect in these situations: the banana. It has a handle, it lends itself easily to being consumed on the go and thanks to its incorporated wrapper it's entirely messless. The banana is also a great source of Potassium, Manganese, Vitamin B6 and fiber. I am a fan.

Alas, yesterday I didn't have a banana. Instead, I went for a quick grilled meal for lunch and an exotic soup for dinner. I have to admit, having soup is when I miss bread the most...

A fitting lunch-in-front-of-the-computer: grilled chicken with grilled asparagus and fresh cucumber.

Don't forget about the ginger tea! I could sit here and rhapsodize about the benefits of ginger tea, but I'll keep the mystery for now. It looks damn pretty though.

Ginger-orange carrot soup. That's all I'm going to say.

The orange-carrot soup is made with Chardonnay, which also gives it a tangy taste. It's not for everyone. The orange flavor is very strong and granted, the idea of orange soup is a little strange. But the sour cream definitely makes it a winner.

Recipe for ginger-orange carrot soup from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment